“This is one of my favourite recipes if you can call it a recipe. You just build a taco without a taco onto quinoa. It’s so incredibly delicious. It is super quick and easy for eg while the quinoa is cooking, you can get started on prepping the mountains of fresh ingredients. You can play around with your toppings. I have paired this Mexican bowl with Devonvale Golf and Wine Estate Provoyeur Shiraz 2012. The wine is smokey with a hint of vanilla and red cherries.
1 cup Quinoa
Fresh Avocado pear
Fresh lemon juice
1/3 cup soy sauce
Salt and pepper
½ fresh chilli diced
1 tin of black beans
3 cloves of garlic peeled and crushed
Handful of rose tomatoes
Juice of ½ lemon
2 tablespoons of olive oil
Salt and pepper.
1. Start by cooking the Quinoa. Follow the instructions on the packet.
2. Fry the mince in the olive oil until brown, add the soy sauce, salt, pepper and chilli.
3. Make the salsa: Dice the tomatoes and add the lemon juice, olive oil and salt.
4. Make the black beans: Drain and rinse the beans, add the garlic and olive oil.
5. Place the toppings on top of the quinoa and serve with fresh coriander, lemon, sour cream and fresh avocado pear.
Get Devonvales Wines HERE