Photography by Le-Andra Schwagele
6 Chorizo, cases removed
500g beef mince
3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
1 teaspoon dried oregano
¾ cup fresh basil
2 tins of chopped tomatoes
1 cup tomato puree
½ cup Avontuur Cabernet Franc
1 tablespoon sugar
Salt and black pepper
1 cup mozzarella cheese
2 containers of cream cheese
2 cups of cream
1 cup pecorino cheese
- Combine the Chorizo and beef mince, season with salt and pepper and dried oregano.
- Roll the meat into little balls and fry in a heavy-based ovenproof saucepan over medium heat until golden. Add the garlic, basil, tined tomatoes, tomato puree, sugar, salt and pepper and Avontuur Cabernet Franc.
- Bring to the boil, cook for 10 minutes or until just reduced.
- Combine the cream cheese, Pecorino and cream together in a bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Soak the lasagna sheets in boiling water for 3 minutes just until soft. Line the base of the saucepan with 1 layer of lasagna sheets, top with half the chorizo mixture and another layer of lasagna sheets. Spoon over half the cream cheese mixture and spread evenly. Top with another layer of lasagna sheets, spoon over remaining chorizo mixture followed by another lasagna layer and top of with the remaining cream cheese mixture and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle with the mozzarella, cook for 30 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
Enjoy this wonderful comfort food with Avontuur Cabernet Franc.